How much is the new 2021 Volkswagen Taos in Russia: according to the website of an official dealer in Moscow, crossover prices vary from 1,626,900 to 2,199,900 rubles… In our market, the car is sold in four trim levels: Respect, Status, Joy! and Exclusive.
The technical characteristics of the Volkswagen Taos provide for the installation of two gasoline engines on the car: the base has an aspirated 1.6 with mechanics and front-wheel drive, and as an alternative, a 1.4-liter TSI with an automatic (front-wheel drive) or a robot and an all-wheel drive transmission is offered.
Configurations and prices Volkswagen Taos 2021.
|1.6 (110 HP) Respect MT5||1 626 900|
|1.4 (150 л.с.) Respect 4WD DSG7||1 856 900|
|1.4 (150 л.с.) Status AT8||1 906 900|
|1.4 (150 hp) Joy! AT8||2 004 900|
|1.4 (150 л.с.) Status 4WD DSG7||2 006 900|
|1.4 (150 л.с.) Exclusive AT8||2 099 900|
|1.4 (150 hp) Joy! 4WD DSG7||2 104 900|
|1.4 (150 л.с.) Exclusive 4WD DSG7||2 199 900|
- Basic variant Respect Includes six airbags, reflective LED headlights, a light sensor, simple air conditioning, a 6.5 “media system, non-configurable 8.0” virtual instruments, heated front seats and 16 “steel wheels.
- Equipment Status has additionally front and rear parking sensors, a rain sensor, dual-zone climate control, an electric driver’s seat, a salon mirror with auto-dimming, a new VW Play multimedia with a 10.0-inch screen and 16 ″ alloy wheels.
- Execution Joy! positioned as a special version and flaunts orange accents in the cabin, contoured interior lighting, 17-inch wheels and black mirror housings, and the equipment is expanded with a rear-view camera, a servo-driven trunk lid, keyless entry and an electric heated windshield.
- Masthead Exclusive sports a projection-type diode head optics, combined seat upholstery, electronic tidy with several display modes and a screen enlarged to 10.0 ″ under it, as well as heated rear sofa. Optionally, you can order 18 ″ wheels, adaptive cruise control, car parking and side airbags in the second row.
The new Volkswagen Taos 2021 is built on the MQB modular platform. The crossover has a transverse engine and body, the power structure of which mainly consists of high-strength grades of steel.
The front of the model uses an independent suspension with MacPherson struts, and the design of the rear suspension depends on the type of drive: a semi-independent torsion beam is installed on front-wheel drive cars, while all-wheel drive versions have an independent four-link. The brakes are disc brakes in a circle, and the front is also ventilated.
By default, the Volkswagen Taos in the new body is front-wheel drive, but it can also be ordered with the 4Motion all-wheel drive transmission, which is capable of transferring up to 50% of the torque back using the Haldex multi-plate clutch.
There are seven driving modes on the 4WD version, including individual, when activated, the personal settings of the driver are activated. Crossover Volkswagen Taos has the following overall dimensions, mm
- Length – 4 417
- Width – 1841
- Height – 1 600 – 1 602
- Wheelbase – 2 638
- Ground clearance (clearance) – 190
According to the data sheet, the default boot volume of the model is 500 liters (420 liters on the all-wheel drive version). The fuel tank is 58 liters. In running order, the car can weigh from 1 287 to 1 467 kg (depending on the selected engine / configuration).
- In Russia, the basic version of the Volkswagen Taos is a 1.6-liter four-cylinder aspirated with 110 hp. (155 Nm). It works in conjunction with a six-speed manual, and the drive is exclusively front-wheel drive. Acceleration from zero to hundreds is possible in 11.4 seconds, and the maximum speed reaches 180 km / h.
- More expensive versions are equipped with a 1.4-liter “turbo four”, which develops 150 forces and 250 Nm. On front-wheel drive crossovers, this unit works with an eight-speed Aisin automatic. With such “stuffing” the car is capable of accelerating from 0-100 km / h in 8.8 seconds, reaching speeds up to 200 km / h.
- On all-wheel drive cars, the said turbo engine works in tandem with a seven-speed DSG robot with two clutches. In this case, acceleration from 0-100 km / h is possible in 8.9 seconds, the maximum speed reaches 190 kilometers per hour.
The interior trim of the new 2021 Volkswagen Taos lacks stars from the sky. Hard plastic inside is found everywhere, although mainly only those places with which passengers contact only from time to time are decorated with it.
The wide range of adjustment of the driver’s seat allows you to quickly and easily find a fit for you. At the same time, ergonomics is in complete order: all the necessary keys are at hand, and the multimedia touch screen pleases with a quick response (like on a smartphone).
Only two adult passengers will be able to comfortably accommodate in the second row of VW Taos, while the third will certainly not be comfortable on the road. Separate ventilation deflectors and charging connectors are designed to please the rear riders.
On the asphalt, the Volkswagen Taos handles well, delighting the driver with crisp reactions and slight rolls. At the same time, even on basic 16-inch wheels, the crossover is perceived as harsh.
On cars with a turbo engine, the dynamics are just right. Such a SUV accelerates quite briskly, especially in conjunction with a machine gun. As for the robotic transmission, it works well, but has a tendency to “think”.
For full-fledged off-road trips, the Taos crossover is of little use, but it is quite capable of driving on a dirt road to the country house. At the same time, an all-wheel drive transmission will allow to overcome sections of the road covered by snow or washed out by rain.