In the nineteenth year, the Koreans updated the Hyundai Elantra sedan, and the restyling turned out to be quite controversial, therefore, already in March two thousand and twenty, at a special event in California, the manufacturer hastened to present a four-door of a new generation.
The new body of the seventh generation Hyundai Elantra 2021 now resembles a four-door coupe rather than a regular sedan, and the car itself is made in the style of “Sensuous Sportiness” (“sensual sportiness)”. At the front, the model draws attention to itself with a wide, coarse-mesh radiator grille, the shape of which resembles a diamond, with narrow curved headlights adjoining it on the sides.
Configurations and prices Hyundai Elantra 2021.
|1.6 (128 hp) Base AT6||1 449 000|
|1.6 (128 л.с.) Active AT6||1 529 000|
|1.6 (128 HP) Way AT6||1 529 000|
|2.0 (150 л.с.) Active AT6||1 574 000|
|2.0 (150 HP) Way AT6||1 574 000|
|1.6 (128 hp) Elegance AT6||1 610 000|
|2.0 (150 hp) Elegance AT6||1 655 000|
|2.0 (150 hp) Anniversary AT6||1 855 000|
- Initial release Base will cost 1,329,000 rubles. It has 15-inch steel wheels, ABS, ESP, light sensor, rear-view camera, leather-wrapped steering wheel, air conditioning, 8.0-inch multimedia system, heated front seats and steering wheel, and four airbags.
- Equipment Active (from 1 409 000 rubles) assumes the presence of 16-inch alloy wheels, rain sensor, dual-zone climate control, rear parking sensors, cruise control, heated rear seats and LED headlights.
- Pre-top execution Elegance (from 1,535,000 rubles) can additionally boast keyless entry with an engine start button, front parking sensors and extended decor.
- Most expensive version Anniversary (1 735 000 r) released for the 30th anniversary of the model. Such a car sports an extended interior lighting and a choice of interior colors, which can be beige, light gray, gray or black. Plus it includes all the equipment from the optional Style, Smart Safety and Multimedia packages.
- These packages are offered for cars in the “Elegance” version – the first one provides a virtual tidy, leather interior, diode lights and an electric driver’s seat. The Smart Safety suite includes adaptive cruise control, auto braking and other assistants, while the Multimedia features Bose music, 10.25-inch multimedia with navigation and an electronic electronic instrument cluster and an electric driver’s seat.
The side of the car is characterized by the presence of a long bonnet, a sloping roof and a heavily littered rear window. Attention is drawn to the two-tone mirror housings and the striking stamping lines on the sidewalls. All this allowed the designers to make the silhouette of the model more dynamic and impetuous.
An integrated spoiler has been added to the aft of the 2021 Hyundai Elantra, and the lights are now combined with each other by a light strip and from the side resemble the letter “H”. It is reported that the car can be ordered with wheels with a diameter of 15, 16 or 17 inches. It is also noted that the front overhang was slightly shortened, while the rear overhang, on the contrary, was increased, as a result, the car seems to be larger than its predecessor.
The interior of the Hyundai Elantra 2021 in the new body has become noticeably more spacious, and the increase in free space has occurred in all three directions. According to the automaker, only at the feet of the second row passengers was added 58 millimeters. The developers note that they tried to give the sedan’s cabin a similarity to the cockpit of an aircraft.
To do this, they equipped the car with a stylish multifunction steering wheel, the design of the central part of which resembles a steering wheel. The model is based on an analog tidy and an 8.0-inch display of the multimedia system with physical buttons on the sides. In the top, the tidy is digital and is placed under one glass with a multimedia screen, while both monitors have a diagonal of 10.25 ″.
It is reported that wireless support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto interfaces is designed to please the driver and passengers, as well as a voice command system, thanks to which you can control many functions (for example, climate control and heated seats).
Plus the sedan can have ambient lighting with 64 different colors, wireless smartphone charging, and Bose’s premium audio system with 8 speakers. Separately, Koreans note the “Digital Key” function, thanks to which access to the car interior can be obtained using a smartphone with an NFC tag and a pre-installed application.
The new 2021 Hyundai Elantra is based on the K3 platform, which Koreans say is lighter, stronger and safer than its predecessor’s bogie. Also thanks to her, the car boasts a lower center of gravity. The overall length of the sedan has grown to 4,560 mm (+ 56), the wheelbase is 2,720 (+ 20), the width is 1,825 (+ 25), and the height is 1,420 (-20).
The line of power units for the new 7th generation Elantra is represented by two motors. The default is a 1.6-liter aspirated gasoline engine of the Smartstream family with 123 hp, while there is also a gas version of this engine with 120 hp. Plus the car can be ordered with a two-liter four-cylinder MPI for 149 “mares”. These units work in conjunction with a wedge-chain variator, which was previously received by KIA Seltos.
In addition, the model is available in a hybrid version, where the 1.6-liter four-cylinder GDI engine running on the Atkinson cycle is complemented by a 43.5-horsepower electric motor and a 1.32 kWh lithium-ion battery. The total output of such an installation reaches 141 hp. (264 Nm). In the hybrid, the engine works in tandem with a six-speed robot with two clutches.
There is an electric driving mode for the car, but given the modest battery, there is not much to drive in this preset. The Koreans do not advertise mileage data, but fuel consumption in hybrid mode is announced at 4.7 l / 100 km. In addition, the hybrid Elantra boasts a fully independent suspension, while other versions have a simple “beam”.
In terms of safety, for the 2021 Hyundai Elantra model year, a number of electronic assistants are announced, including automatic high-beam switching, keeping the car in the lane, as well as a frontal collision avoidance system with pedestrian detection. For a surcharge, adaptive cruise control, monitoring of “blind” zones with the function of tracking cross-traffic, a parking assistant, etc. are offered.
Acceptance of online orders, the novelty was opened in December twentieth, the production of cars for our market was localized at the Avtotor Kaliningrad plant, where the predecessor was also assembled. The start of sales of the model in Russia is scheduled for January 2021, prices range from 1,139,000 to 1,735,000 rubles.