If you decide to sell your car on the secondary market, there are several ways to do it. The most popular of these is placing an advertisement for the sale on special sites such as Avito, Auto.ru or Drom.ru.
The second question is how quickly you need to make a sale. If there is no urgency, then the price for a car can be set according to the market, or slightly higher in order to gradually reduce it. If it is necessary to make a sale faster, then the initial price must be set slightly below the market, but not too much – otherwise, buyers may suspect that there are some problems with the car or with the documents for it.
Then everything will depend on many factors: on the liquidity of your car (how much it is in demand on the secondary), its technical condition, mileage, year of manufacture, number of owners, equipment and even body color. You have to communicate with buyers by phone and arrange shows. Plus, you should be prepared that many buyers now come not alone, but bring an auto-picker with them, which will study the car to the smallest detail.
You will also have to communicate with numerous resellers who will bargain over the phone, trying to drop the price as much as possible, without even looking at the car in person. There is a small chance that in the end the car will still be sold for an acceptable price, but this is only if it is initially in good condition and the competition among sellers of similar models on the secondary market is not too high.
But it may turn out that there are so many similar to your car, as well as its used classmates with used mileage on sale (especially if we are talking about the capital and other large cities), or vice versa – you are trying to sell a rather rare car for which pay little attention to the secondary housing, then the process can drag on for several weeks, or even months.
What if the deadlines are running out, and customers do not call at all, or they leave from viewing to “think again”. You can try your luck to sell your car through CarPrice, which specializes in car buyouts. Moreover, they promise to complete the transaction in 1 day, and you can take the money in any convenient way (in cash or by transfer to a card).
Note that the CarPrice service acts as an intermediary between the seller and the buyer, and most often buyers are numerous dealers and car dealerships. For example, you can come to a trade-in, where you will be appraised for a car, but in another salon the price may differ. In addition, when handing over the car to the trade-in, you need to buy a new one, “real” money for your used car will not be offered there.
Here, it turns out that a large number of representatives of car dealerships and outbids are gathered in one place, they remotely monitor the lots for the sale of cars on CarPrice and place bids on how much they are ready to pick up your car. If one person can offer a maximum of a certain amount, then it is possible that the other is sure that he will be able to resell the car at a higher price, or with less profit for himself, and makes a higher rate – this is how it works.
How is the sale procedure
To sell a car through CarPrice in one day, you must first sign up for an inspection of your car. Representative offices of the company are available in most Russian cities, and in large cities there are several points at once, so choose the most suitable one for yourself.
The inspection procedure is completely free for you (by the way, when evaluating a car in trade-in, you will need to pay an additional fee to a car dealership for this, and it will compensate you for the costs only if you buy a new car from them, putting your old one off).
Next, the car is put up for auction, as a result of which the final cost is announced to you. If it doesn’t suit you, then you don’t owe anything to anyone and you can safely leave. If the price turned out to be acceptable, then the purchase and sale is registered, and you get money for the car – the task is completed.
Pros and cons of selling a car through CarPrice
Among the obvious advantages of the company are the following:
1) If you need to sell a car in 1 day, they will buy it from you
2) The whole procedure is completely free for the buyer
3) If you agree to sell the car, then you get money right away
Now let’s talk about the cons, which we will analyze in more detail:
1) They offer too low a price for a car. Alas, this is so, but in the used car market nobody is involved in charity – this is their business model. But again, if you have arrived, then this does not mean at all that you should sell the car at the offered price. In addition, if no one was selling cars through CarPrice, they would have closed long ago, and since the company has been operating for several years, it means that transactions are carried out regularly.
2) They promise to carry out the procedure in 1.5-2 hours. In general, if you are going to go to a car show at CarPrice, then plan to spend the whole day there, or at least half a day. Many people complain that they jumped in there quickly, and in the end, lost a lot of time.
Imagine that you have arrived, and there are still cars in front of you for inspection, and if the point is not too large, then there are few employees. As a result, for the promised couple of hours, of course, they will not meet. But if you plan to spend a day there, and end up turning around faster, then you will avoid irritation about this.
3) To travel to evaluate the car at CarPrice, you must take all documents and seasonal tires (if any). This is not so much a minus as a reminder, which is also indicated on their website. It’s just not very convenient, but if you decide to sell a car, then you need to take the wheels with you.
4) Rough and not very pleasant employees. Some disgruntled users write about this, but this is still not a rule – not very pleasant people can end up in any organization. Again, you need to be prepared for the fact that you will not be welcomed with open arms. But if at the chosen point the employees turn out to be polite and pleasant, then it will turn out to be better than expectations and will not spoil the mood.
As a rule, it is not always necessary to sell a car urgently. But if you need to sell, but there are no buyers, then you can try go to CarPrice and try your luck there. The main thing is to allocate a day for this procedure, not to rely on an advantageous offer and take everything you need with you. Remember – the whole procedure is completely free for you.
If you need to sell a car in a short time, then you can still try to do it yourself by submitting an advertisement on the site and dropping the price slightly below the market price. But if you can’t sell, then CarPrice will definitely help you out in this situation.